Health Centers / Community Development
Through our community development activities, GBPCA assists communities determine the best options for addressing unmet need for primary care through out the state. We are committed to strengthening our existing centers and establishing new Community Health Centers.
• The Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) Health Center Program Grant Funding page contains a list of the funding available for health center programs and look-alike programs.
• So You Want to Start a Health Center…? is a practical guide published by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) that is directed towards communities interested in establishing a NEW health center in their area. It covers topics from understanding health center basics to conducting a needs assessment to develop a business plan and more!
• The BPHC has published a Data Resource Guide to assist organizations applying for Section 330 funding. This guide includes information on how to use data, how to extrapolate data, and an extensive list of resources for obtaining data at the national, state and local levels.
• GBPCA has pulled together county-level data published by the Nevada State Health Division and the University of Nevada, Reno / Nevada State Office of Rural Health. To access these county-level data reports, click here. If you require data at the ZCTA or census tract level, please email GBPCA to make a data request.
• Funded! Now What?is a guide directed towards health centers that have received a Notice of Grant Award, but have yet to officially open the new or satellite health center proposed in the grant application. It provides the grantee important information about setting up the day-to-day operations of the health center. An abbreviated version of this manual and additional resources, including links to learning sessions and webinars directed at funded programs, can be found on the National Association of Community Health Center’s Health Center Growth/Development webpage.