Resources for Patients
Nevada State Health Division
The Nevada State Health Division, a division of the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, aims to protect, promote, and improve the health of all Nevadans. This state agency oversees five offices:
- Bureau of Child, Family & Community Wellness (chronic disease prevention)
- Nevada Early Intervention Services (serves children with, or at-risk for, developmental delays)
- Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance (health care licensing, regulation enforcement)
- Bureau of Health Statistics, Planning, Epidemiology and Response (data, technical assistance)
- Public Health and Clinical Services (health in rural and frontier counties)
Nevada Medicaid, Child Health Assistance Program, and Nevada Check-up
- Medicaid provides health care coverage for low-income families and children.
- Child Health Assistance Program (CHAP) provides Medicaid coverage to low-income pregnant women and children.
- Nevada Check-Up, the Children’s Health Insurance Program in Nevada, provides preventive health care coverage for uninsured children from low-income families who not eligible for Medicaid.
is a federal health insurance program serving people age 65 and older, people of any age with permanent kidney failure, and certain disabled people under age 65. The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
, a program of the Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division, provides free one-on-one counseling related to Medicare, as well as referrals to other state and community services.
Southern Nevada Health District
The Southern Nevada Health District
protects and promotes health among people living in Southern Nevada. This local public health organization provides the following services:
- Nursing and clinics (examples: immunization clinic, sexual health clinic)
- Community health services (example: chronic disease prevention programs)
- Environmental health services (example: restaurant inspections)
- Administrative services (example: birth and death certificates)
Washoe County Health District
The Washoe County Health District
provides health promotion, disease prevention, emergency preparedness, and environmental services to people living in Washoe County, in northern Nevada. This local public health organization provides many health related services including the operation of immunization and teen health clinics, and WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) program offices.
is committed to improving and protecting the health of Nevadans through vaccination against preventable diseases. This organization is a resource for educational materials, programs, and locations related to immunizations. Please visit the “InFLUence Others: Get Vaccinated
” website for information related to the seasonal flu vaccination and a list of local locations where you may be vaccinated.